Thursday, January 16, 2014

"Funky" Pictures Today

Yes, this does look like the same view of the Tombigbee River that I showed you last night, but this morning the water was as smooth as glass and there was this reflection of the trees from the other side.  I love reflection pictures!

 
All across Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama, we have been seeing so many of these auto-transport trucks.  We decided that they must be coming from the auto assembly plants in Georgia.

 
Today we were traveling on the historic route from Selma to Montgomery, Alabama.  Very little freeway for us today!  We did go through Phenix, Alabama, however!  It is right across the Chattahoochee River from Columbus, Georgia.  But it seemed like we were passing all the signs so quickly and were trying to watch our route, that I didn't get all of the pictures I wanted!  Right on the bridge in the middle of the river was the Georgia border sign . . . and I missed it!  And no pictures of the Chattahoochee River . . . I am so bummed!
 
 
Now we are on Eastern Time or 2 hours later than the Phoenix time.

 
And . . . this one is the absolute worst . . . sorry! 
It says "Welcome!  We're glad Georgia's on your mind!"  I like this sign because it brings the song "Georgia" to mind.
 
Really . . . I will try to do better tomorrow!
 
 
Georgia is famous for peaches and we came by some big orchards in Peach County today.
 
Tonight we are in Perry, Georgia which is south of Atlanta.  But no pictures of where we are because we were both too tired!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment