Monday, August 10, 2009

Coos Bay, Oregon

Well, I will try to get my Blog-posting going again. Actually, Dave and I like to look at it, too, just for a quick glance and reminder of our trip. I have a new computer now, and thanks to Carbonite, I do believe that all of my pictures and documents have transferred over to the new computer, so think I am good to go! This is the third time I've tried to get these pictures posted (the third time's the charm, right?) because I wasn't being real careful and posted them to the wrong Blog and then had to delete them (twice!) because I couldn't figure out how to just move them over to AZ Sightseers.
So . . . let's get started!
These pictures are from June 4, 2009.
One of the things I really love about driving down the coasts of Washington and Oregon are the magnificent Pacific Ocean views! This was just north of Coos Bay, Oregon, and, as you can see, the tide was out.

In the background of this picture is a lumber plant -- Coos Bay has been a big logging area for many years mostly because of the ocean access for shipping purposes. This is a bridge that turns for water traffic to pass by. I believe it was a railroad bridge.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment