Wednesday, October 29, 2008

This 'n That


Whose feet are these anyway and why are they under the motorhome? Well, when the JB Weld didn't hold for a metal shield protecting the area from the exhaust system because of the bumpy roads going into the park in Winslow, the repair guy had to try something else -- Eterna-Bond (roofing tape). No kidding -- on our way out this morning I was driving the tow vehicle so I was closer down to the asphalt, and some of the "cracks" were over 12" wide! This park, Homolovi State Park, was established in 1993, and I don't think there has been anything done to the roads or the park since then! Just terrible!


We saw a huge jackrabbit loping around our campsite and Dave threw some carrots out for him. They were still there when we returned later. Do you think (judging from the landscape) that he might not have known what carrots are?


Can you discern what Arizona landmark this is? It's the Peaks from Winslow. This was at sunset, but it was really hazy!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment