Monday, May 11, 2009

Three Island Crossing State Park


Here's where we are tonight -- Three Island Crossing State Park in Glenns Ferry, Idaho. This river crossing was the worst one for the pioneers from Missouri to Oregon. But, since there are three islands, they figured out how to use those to cross from one island to the next to get them, their wagons and their livestock across the channels of the Snake River. It's sure a good thing I wasn't born a pioneer woman! Anyhow, isn't this campground absolutely beautiful? And . . . what a deal! It is normally $21.20 (I don't know how they arrived at that price!), but because we are here on a Monday, it is half price for seniors (over 60) on Mondays through Thursdays! What a deal!


This is how close we are to the river.


I have loved lilacs since I was a child because both of my grandmothers had lilac bushes in their backyards. This campground and the town is just full of them -- all three colors -- this light lavender one, a deeper purple, and white ones. What a lovely fragrance!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment