Friday, February 14, 2014

Happy Valentine's Day!

 
Today's drive was basically from Gainesville, Florida to Tallahassee, Florida. 
 
 
I almost missed sign . . . the Suwannee River!  However, I always thought it was the Swanee River -- you know that song by Stephen Foster, don't you?  "Suwannee, how I love you, how I love you, my dear old Suwannee."  Now that will be running though your head!
And I guess I was too busy looking at it to take pictures! 
Well, that, and doing my co-pilot duties and running the Garmin to get our turns right.
We went on the edge of the FSU campus -- home of the Seminoles.  The two campuses we have seen are huge with lots of additional building going on.
 

 
This park we stayed in was called Coe's Landing, but it was an old Corps of Engineers Park on Lake Talquin. 

 

 

 
This was a very nice site!

 
We had a visitor who almost demanded food!  We had some almonds that we shared.

 
Dave grilled our steaks for Valentine's Day. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment