Thursday, June 5, 2014

More About Meteor Crater

 
Yup . . . it is pretty much just a hole in the ground!

 
Part of Eduardo's Tour Guide job was to take pictures for you.

 
Wasn't that nice of him?  And he did a good job taking pictures, too!
Meteor Crater has always been owned by a family in Pennsylvania.

 
Eduardo was kind enough to oblige Jacob with a picture with him.  Jacob really enjoyed his talk.

 
This is what you can hardly see way down at the bottom.  There are several mine shafts down there that are fenced off.  Fortunately, we had taken the binoculars, too, so that helped. 

 
And I am surprised that I could even capture this photo really zoomed in because I couldn't even see it!  On the fence around one of the mine shafts is an American Flag and a figure of an astronaut since some of them had trained there for the moon landings.

 
There was really quite an interesting museum there.

 
This is the largest piece of the meteorite that came from Meteor Crater. 

No comments:

Post a Comment