Thursday, June 5, 2014

A Long-Overdue Visit to Meteor Crater

 
Just out of Flagstaff, there is not much left of Winona made "famous" in the Route 66 song with the line "Don't forget Winona," but it still has an exit and I can't keep that song from running through my head when we pass this area!

 
Hunter read up on Meteor Crater in the AAA Book.  It is marked a "Gem."  But we have lived in Arizona since 1967 and Dave and I have never been there.  It was about time!

 
It is 6 miles off the freeway.

 
Ready for our adventure!

 
After we exited the movie, our tour guide, Eduardo Rubio, met us and took us on a tour.  The boys weren't too keen on going, but after we got back, they were glad that they did.

 
Looking back and down on the parking lot from the walkway on our tour.

 
Listening to Eduardo.  I think we were the only ones from Arizona.  The two fellows on the right were from Lithuania, some from San Diego, Iowa, Dallas, Florida, Pennsylvania and that's all we can remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment