Yes, we are on the road again, and since I am good at starting blogging on our trips, I will start posting again! I guess that I am just not reliable for finishing!
We are headed up to Nebraska, through Utah and Colorado, and we hope to find some cooler weather SOON in Steamboat Springs, Colorado.

We left Glendale at 6:00 Saturday morning, hoping to get out of the valley before it got too hot. It was 86 degrees when we left. We thought the desert looked very green for all of the hot weather we have been having.
We are headed up to Nebraska, through Utah and Colorado, and we hope to find some cooler weather SOON in Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
We left Glendale at 6:00 Saturday morning, hoping to get out of the valley before it got too hot. It was 86 degrees when we left. We thought the desert looked very green for all of the hot weather we have been having.
When we head north, we always look forward to the view of the San Francisco Peaks at Flagstaff and . . the cooler weather!
Another one of my favorite views along our route . . . after leaving Tuba City, AZ . . . the Elephant Feet! You just can't see the "toes" in this picture.
And this is a very rare picture because you just don't see this train very often. It is a coal train from the Black Mesa Coal Mine, running on electricity that is generated from the Navajo (Coal) Generating Station near Page, Arizona. I find it interesting that it is an electric train taking coal to the power plant so that they can generate electricity!

No comments:
Post a Comment