Friday, January 30, 2009

I'll Bet You've Never Been Here!


The Ranger at River Island State Park told us we had to visit this place if we'd never been there. I'd read about it before. It is the Desert Bar. It is only open Saturday and Sunday from noon to sundown and from Labor Day to Memorial Day. Basically, an open air bar about 5 miles off the highway on a terrible gravel road . . . but the traffic! No kidding!


It is pretty much just pieced together -- one man's dream -- building it as he had money. It just serves bear and hamburgers or hot dogs.


We could not find a table! It was packed! They had a live band and people of our age were dancing -- a real draw for the older crowd, I guess!


This is the parking lot -- again packed! It was all built on an old mining town site.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment